We are delighted that in-person worship has resumed at Queen's Cross Church, every Sunday @ 1030am. A new hybrid format is in place, which continues to make the service available online - now streaming live on our YouTube Channel at the following address:
Simply click on the link and when the service begins, you will see the live stream appear.
We are so looking forward to welcoming you back to our live worship in the Sanctuary. While the service begins at 10:30 am, please plan to arrive at least 20 minutes before then.
Covid Safety Measures
When you are ready to attend one of our services, you will see that a lot has changed. Social distancing and cleaning procedures that have now become a way of life for all of us are the standard for how we will run our church building; now with a greater focus on the safety, health and well-being of all our attendees.
While the following is not an exhaustive list, it does try to provide some detailed guidance for those attending and it follows the Scottish regulations. In addition, we are following the guidance provided by the Church of Scotland and the Aberdeen & Shetland Presbytery. It is a working document; so, these guidelines will change as and when regulations alter or are relaxed:
- Please be assured that the Sanctuary has been cleaned before the service.
- All bibles and hymn books have been removed and safely stored. The readings and hymns will appear on the screens and the live stream.
- You will be required to wear a face covering (unless exempt) throughout the service, even when singing.
- The numbers permitted to attend a service have been increased due to one metre social distancing. The number that can be accommodated in our Sanctuary ground floor is 86, excluding Minister, Organist and Choir. In the balcony we can accommodate 40, excluding the Audio-Visual team.
- We have established a QR code for Queen’s Cross Church. This will enable us to comply with Test & Protect, should that be necessary. All you will need to do upon arrival at the Church is to scan the code using your phone camera and provide the details requested. If you cannot scan the QR code, we will ask you to provide your name and contact telephone number, or address on a form which will be at the entrance to the Sanctuary. When registering would you please provide the contact details and the names of anyone else in your household who is attending with you.
- We would request that those attending bring their own face covering / mask.
- Please use the hand sanitiser provided at the front door
- Entry will be via the main entrance to the Church and Stewards will be on duty to direct you to an appropriate seat. Please follow the guidance provided, and note that if numbers turning up to the service are greater than the ‘new calculated’ maximum then you may be asked to return home. You will however be able to watch the service live through YouTube.
- The Sanctuary layout, with planned seating for appropriate physical distancing, will be in place. Please do not attempt to alter the pre-set arrangement.
- We will be ‘filling’ the sanctuary from the front and ‘emptying’ it from the back. Your co-operation with this is very much appreciated.
- There will be collection plates at the front door for your donation.
- The Minister may have other instructions at the beginning of the service.
- At present, we will not be offering refreshments at the end of the service. However, Cognito will be open as usual.