Welcome to Queen’s Cross Nursery
The nursery is set in purpose built rooms in Queen’s Cross Church in the west end of Aberdeen. We have direct access to a well maintained and developed garden where children can be children and can use a wide range of natural resources and their imagination.
Children can begin their nursery journey with us at 34 months (2 years and 10 months) and stay with us until they begin Primary school.
We are a not for profit making organisation which run term times only between the hours of 8.45am and 12 Noon where we work in partnership with Aberdeen City Council and offer funded places. During the morning sessions we follow the Curriculum for Excellence and plan using the children’s current interests, observations and develop these using floor books. We run a very successful lunch club where children can stay on until 1pm with a supplied packed lunch. We all sit together for lunch and this develops the children’s social skills. The children can then stay after lunch for a second session from 1pm until 3.15pm which is not currently funded.
We currently have 4 members of staff working in nursery during the morning session where we can accommodate up to 20 children. During the afternoon sessions we shall be running with up to 12 children with 2 staff.
The aim of Queen’s Cross Nursery is to predominantly provide a safe, stimulating environment where the children feel secure, confident and can reach their full potential.
We aim to:
- Provide an ethos which promotes self-confidence, self-esteem and trust where children, carers and staff all feel valued.
- Promote the welfare of children in relation to their safety and security at all times, treating children with dignity and respect.
- Work in Partnership with parents and Carers, sharing information and respecting them as the first and main educators of their children.
- Provide a safe, stimulating environment in which the children feel secure, confident and can reach their full potential.
- Plan activities with the children which will encourage and stimulate them as they learn through play, providing appropriate challenge to support individual development.
- Deliver a wide curriculum involving planning, observing, assessing and supporting each child’s individual needs, using the learning outcomes from the Curriculum for Excellence and the Pre-Birth to Three document.
- Meet the requirements of the National Care Standards and HMIE document – Child at the Centre.
- Provide opportunities for on going staff training and development in line with SSSC guidelines.
We work in close partnership with the Care Inspectorate and HMIE/Education Scotland and are regularly inspected to ensure we are providing a caring environment, meeting the children’s individual needs and following the Curriculum correctly.
Should you have any queries regarding any aspect of the nursery our contact details are as follows:
Nursery Office 01224 515182
Nursery mobile number 07510625672